Sunday 20 May 2018

Snake Surprise


Yesterday we enjoyed our first trip to Hazelhead Park since we got back to Aberdeen. It was a wonderful sunny day and we had icecream and went to Pets Corner. This area has been redeveloped, so we wandered into the darkened room expecting to see the usual fish tanks and instead saw this five metre albino python. I just about shot through the roof. However, it was a truly beautiful and spectacular animal, all slumped muscle and as thick as my body. As the animals are mostly rescued pets I did wonder where this one had been lurking!
Painting is in inks painted and sponged and softened with my new water brush. I wanted to capture the vivid colours of the snake, which glowed in the darkness. No black ink was used, which makes it fresher. My art class treacher is very anti black paint and favours layering and mixing your colours instead.




No comments: