Tuesday 22 May 2018

Celebration Second Hand

I was feeling flush today, having just been paid for my first freelance work!

So I treated myself to a lovely Laura Ashley blue wool cashmere coat and an Anthropologie floaty patterned shirt dress. The coat is labelled size 10 but is definitely a 14 as I can fit it. Another pet peeve is why people never unpick the temporary stitching from the pockets and vents before wearing things. Don’t they want pockets?

Got both from a charity shop on Union Street, one of several I discovered with my friend Alison B. I recommend shopping with different friends, who can take you to new places and have different approaches. Alison B is all about high quality classics, especially knitwear and can home in on these the moment she enters the shop, finding some great bargains. Alison's tips: feel the garments for quality fabric and check the fabric and care labels. Check the brands and google them on your phone if necessary. Go for classic pieces in neutrals or soft colours.

No comments: