Wednesday 9 May 2018

Art Supplies

A new blog subject, I thought I might share my experiments in art materials and techniques.

One of the great nerdy pleasures of making art is the endless supply of interesting materials to experiment with. Different weights and textures of paper, boards, brushes, pens, paints, inks, pencils, the list is endless.
My latest experimental items are some pens with brush tips not pen tips. Genius! Not as messy as dip pens and making a more varied mark than felt pens. Following a spectacular broken ink bottle incident I am keen on less messy!
I bought mine at Cass Arts in London,  near the National Gallery. I got two kinds, one with black ink and three you can fill with water or your own ink mix. Link to ink ones below:

https://www.pentel.co.uk/products.asp?group=5&pid=182&type=32

Pen tip of the week: experiment with using water over your (water soluble) felt pens to produce a warercolour effect.

No comments: