Sunday 27 January 2013

Januarys books.

One of my new year resolutions was to read more fiction. I have been doing this and rejoined my local library too. I am now reading voraciously.

I was going to recommend a book of the month, but this month I read two that I really loved.

For me a great book is one you can't put down, one that makes you laugh and cry and one you keep thinking about.

These would be: The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery and Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon.

The first is a very modest but philosophical tale of a French concierge and the people who live in her building. It's a bit like Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance with a heart and a sense of humour.

The second is an epic (long) story of two comic book writers in New York during and after the war. It's also about creativity and identity.

I really loved both these books and urge you to try them.

I am now on Pinterest! Follow me here:

 Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: