Monday 17 June 2019

Pizza Making

Monday is pizza night!
I’ve been working on homemade pizza since I got a great breadmaking book from my lovely sister in law, Maria. She knows about pizza.
I’m lazy but I like good food so this is me:

Mix yeast with warm water and leave to rest. Don’t use too much yeast, about half what they recommend.
Mix a bit of flour with warm water and rest. Use a good quality flour, I like Dove farm organic bread flour.
Make up dough by eyeball, you don’t have to weigh anything, you just need the right consistency.
Put yeast liquid in bowl, put flour in, put salt in, mix using floury water. Knead a bit and rest for ages.

My pizza sauce is heretical: small tin tomatoes, raw garlic, slug olive oil, squeeze tomato paste, big squeeze ketchup and cook down.

Heat pizza stone in oven hot as you can.

Flour board and pizza peel and dough, sticky is the enemy.

Roll and stretch dough on wood board. Transfer to pizza peel. Top with sauce, mozzarella (not the diet kind) and fresh basil, quick as you can.

Slide off pizza peel and cook on stone.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Sounds like you've got it down!