Thursday 13 June 2019

Art class of the year

Every year I try to do an art evening class to stretch myself creatively.
Last year it was printing, the year before painting. This year, in October, I am doing something completely different with jewellery making! I am hoping for lots of cathartic hammering and to make things I can give to people.
I am discovering rather than fine art I like to do something that involves making stuff in an interesting craft process, but with lots of design to ponder. I do like working with different materials. I didn’t do the next printing one as it is all etching and engraving, whereas it was the linocut that I really enjoyed.
Next weekend I am doing a one off class in Letterpress where you print with text. I will need to think of a pithy slogan or phrase to print. Sadly, most of my favourite catchphrases are either rude or insulting....

1 comment:

Maria said...

PLEASE do super rude and pretty catchphrases in your prints!! Like those crossstiches with the cursing. Love the juxtaposition.