Friday 14 September 2018

Autumn fashion and so on.

Autumn is here! I really love autumn with the colourful trees and berries and the long crisp summer days.
I have also replenished my wardrobe for autumn with:

A 1970s brown pencil skirt with pockets from eBay (why do clothes these days not have pockets?)
A chunky white 70s style jumper from Sainsburys sale(a Scandicrime themed jumper)
A neon yellow/green cashmere jumper from John Lewis sale (fun bright colours for the cold)
Orange nail polish by Essie from Boots (I like to seasonally theme my nail polish)

In autumn I feel drawn to wearing the colours of autumn; brown, grey, orange, cream, yellow, red.
I think psychologically they are cosy colours which evoke warmth. And I love warm, chunky and woolly fabrics, big boots, coats and tailored jackets. This year I have pretty much renewed my whole wardrobe, retaining only a few very favourite items. In general my wardrobe has become more casual, more different colours and more practical and relaxed. I feel these days you can also combine things fairly freely in an avant garde way.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Pockets have become such a rare luxury. I was so excited about some pants (sorry, trousers!) I got last week, only to find out the pockets I thought were sewn shut were actually TOTALLY FAKE. I blame the fashion industry for my completely tacky habit of shoving my phone in my bra all the time.

Elinor Vickers said...

How infuriating! I used to have a skirt which had two pocket zips. I unzipped them but there were no pockets underneath, just two completely useless zips! Why do they do this!

Elinor Vickers said...

Now I tend to avoid clothes without pockets, especially for work where I need my phone and my keys on me. Worst offenders: coats and jackets without pockets, just about acceptable: dresses without pockets.