Wednesday 5 September 2018

Autumn Clothes: Oxfamming

Today I had the day to myself, once I had taken some photos for some freelance work I am doing.

So I went into town to buy some special sized binbags and have a mooch round. I was sort of looking for a knee length wool tweed skirt, but there were none, not even in the upstairs at M and S. All skirts are above the knee at the moment and even in expensive shops a lot of the clothes are polyester, which is not good quality to my mind.

Anyway, I pottered up to Sailors Rescue on Rosemount, a very cheap and slightly seedy charity shop with a basement glory hole. Where I found an M and S skirt in black and silver brocade, ideal for my metallics obsession. (£3.50) Similar skirt featured in the FT at the weekend. And an interesting jumper by Kin at John Lewis in mustard yellow and turquoise mottled stripes, the sort of odd thing that sometimes you can get very fond of. (£2.50)

My rule with charity shops is only to buy things that are good quality, but to get a bit experimentational in colour and design.

No comments: