Tuesday 17 April 2018

Oxfam Only

My project of buying most of my clothes from charity shops continues apace. When I moved I actually got rid of about two thirds of my wardrobe so I can replenish it. I recommend a good clear out, and a focus on the idea of capsule wardrobe.

I buy new things to experiment with; I like Cancer Research as everything is under £3. This week I got a colour blocked tshirt in white,  navy and grey, and a dull pink sweatshirt with small gold glitter flecks. I like metallics. If these don’t work they just go back, but it lets you try things and see if you actually wear them, which you can’t really tell when you buy things. I also made a purple jersey jumpsuit and am starting a navy dress with white spots.

Regarding capsule wardrobe I have come to the feeling that my basics are black, grey and navy and my colours are green, blue and purple.

Some vague signs of spring bring out the mac instead of the coats, lighter scarves and cardigans instead of jumpers. The wool skirts go into deep store in the spare room wardrobe and the cotton and linen skirts come out.


No comments: