Saturday 27 August 2011

Edwardian Books













Cheating a bit this week with other people's art instead of my own, sorry. I'm working on Sunday. Picked up two 1900s books at a charity sale: Rubaiyat of Omar Khayam ( a poem I really love) illustrated by Hungarian artist Willy Pogany and with lovely Art Nouveau graphics and little Scottish Clans and Tartans book with fun period advertisements in it. I love old adverts, they really bring the past to life for me. Here are some pics...Didn't subject Pogany book to being squished in scanner as it didn't open flat really. Don't break the spines people. Don't you love the Edwardian Lady's Scottish outfit? So natty.

2 comments:

Sarah M said...

Lovely.

Alison said...

I love the old covers too. I have an oracle book from the 1930s with a really nice cover.