Thursday 24 January 2019

Ottolenghi Cookbook

So my middle eastern food experiment continues.

This week I made:

Grilled asparagus and courgette with halloumi cheese, and sun dried tomatoes. With chopped basil and olive oil on. Which sounds boring but was actually delicious. Served with mini pitta bread.

Today I used Morphy the slow cooker to make beef stew with a tomato and red wine sauce and cinnamon, with a generous sprinkling of chopped parsley and lemon zest on top. Which worked really well.

The recipes in the book are really interesting and I like how you make something basic and then pep it up by putting chopped herbs or lemon or chopped nuts or sunflower seeds or something on it. A top tip!




2 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds delish. More importantly, did you name your slow cooker? Because that is fantastic.

Elinor Vickers said...

Yes I did. A lot of my appliances have names actually. So does my car, Vincent.