Sunday 24 June 2018

Italian Food Project

Today I am cooking lamb chops in an anchovy sauce and orange polenta cake. Both from My Italian Family Cookbook by Lawrence Dallagio. I think he is a famous rugby player. The book is fairly basic  but has some nice recipes and I like the way it encourages men to cook.

Last week’s cookery book was Simply Italian Cooking at Home by the Chiappa Sisters. They are Welsh Italians and  I love their tv series but the book is a bit disappointing. I tried the gnocchi in walmut sauce recipe but it was a bit bland and claggy. There is a strong chapter on homemade pasta though.

What I look for in a cookbook are simple, tasty recipes but which are different and interesting in some way. I don’t want to spend an age on cheffy techniques, fail to find tricky ingredients or wade through chapters on low calorie eating. I like hearty, tasty food which tastes of itself, is quick and easy to make and has real, healthy ingredients.

No comments: