Monday 5 February 2018

Cookery Project: Italian

This year I am focussing my cookery projects on one cookbook at a time and making as much as possible from it. My current book is 'Gastronomy of Italy' by Anna del Conde, which was I think a gift from the awesome Maria, queen of Italian food. A classic book on Italian food which is also an encyclopedia of recipes and ingredients.

I gravitate to easy recipes which are either quick (for weekdays) or slow cooker friendly (for sundays). I am trying to follow the recipes closely, with the right ingredients and no shortcuts, which is unlike me...

So far I have made: 
Potato and lamb stew 
Spaghetti alla Amatriciana (tomato and bacon)
Beef with vegetables and Lombardy spices
Pollo alla Cacciatora
Tagliatelle with speck sauce( cream and ham)
Beef stew with paprika and sage
Potato gnocchi
Tagliatelle with lemon and herbs
Aubergine parmigiana
Pumpkin gnocchi.

So far the standouts for me have been gnocchi making (fun), the speck sauce (unhealthy but insanely delicious) the spaghetti (super tasty) and the beef stew with paprika and sage ( interesting new flavour combo). I plan to complete the gnocchi classic trio with ricotta and spinach next.

2 comments:

Leen said...

Lal I wd be really interested in the beef stew with paprika and sage. Any info you could email?

Maria said...

I don't know if I can claim that one. Unless it was on your Amazon wishlist, and then I just might not remember what it looked like.