Wednesday 20 July 2016

Sewing Geek


Just to flag up my latest sewing project. My sewing mojo is back! This is an original Butterick pattern from 1961, reissued. The early 60s patterns are much more reminiscent of the 50s, possibly a bit more relaxed. I love making retro patterns. An interesting period detail is the sleeves cut in one with the body. The dress has a sash that wraps across the front and ties at the back. I'm seeing a lot of dresses like these in the shops at the moment. I put pockets in because pockets are always good. The fabric is a very cheap poly cotton, but in a nice denim type shade. 

3 comments:

Leen said...

Is this before minidresses? Is there a preferred colour...Or print pattern
Must look out my old photos ..or The bedspread.
Love...Leen

Elinor Vickers said...

Early 60s dresses often seem like a hangover from the 50s but a bit more casual. No minidresses but the shift dress seems to be coming in. If only I had kept those old sewing patterns!

Maria said...

Pockets make any dress better. Well done!