Monday 28 December 2015

New Year Resolutions

It's New Year Resolution time again!

BODY
My big thing for this year is that, now my foot is finally improving, I will go back to an exercise class. Probably pilates or yoga. It will be tough after nine months of very little exercise but I need to get fit again. I am also starting the year with a full body deep tissue massage, courtesy of my Secret Santa voucher. Cue one hour of pain, but in a good way. I will heal my body.

MIND
I will also continue to attend the Storytelling Group sessions and maybe aim to tell a story at one. I find it really enjoyable and have met loads of interesting people there.

My reading project is America; history, culture, art, food whatever seems interesting. 

2015
This has been quite a gruelling year. 
Best thing: trip to USA to see my lovely bro and sis in law and her family and go to Boston, and a fantastic anniversary trip to Venice. Also, I feel my art is really coming on and my annual calendar was well received by all in spite of my trepidation. 
Worst thing: longterm foot injury and endless pain, physio, weight gain, work issues, demoralisation. Work has been very wearing with chronic staff shortages and absence and low morale. Next year looks more positive though. 

On a wry note, my stepmum tells me in order to avoid bad luck next year I should wear more red. A good excuse for some shopping perhaps?

What are your thoughts in the year past and the year to come, readers?

2 comments:

SteffR said...

I am with you on the Pilates front Elinor, definitely need to get back into it! Hope you had a lovely holiday!

Elinor Vickers said...

Some other resolutions: I will cook more, I will recycle more, i will practice mindfullness especially at work. I will do some home improvements.