Thursday 5 February 2015

January Reading

January is always a good month for reading, as there is holiday, terrible weather so you don't go out and a general lack of energy.

My two annnual reading projects are the Ancient Romans and Women's Travel. Some of these books were read in the Xmas holidays so actually December/January.

Women's travel: 
my mum Leen gave me two great books for Christmas, Travels in a Strange State by Josie Dew about a woman cycling across America, and Growing Old Outrageously by Hilary Linstead and Elisabeth Davies. I enjoyed both very much, funny and inspirational.
I also read Pocket Atlas of Remote Islands (they're mostly awful) and Damascus Taste of a City (sad, considering the state of the city now, but good recipes).

Ancient Rome:
Since last time I have worked through the massive 'Roman Empire' (Emperors; mostly psychotic, assassinated or both).

I really enjoy having reading projects, gets me out of ruts of unimaginative reading and you feel you are really learning things. Expanding my horizons!

No comments: