Tuesday 16 December 2014

Winter Blues


One of the things I find most difficult about living in Aberdeen is the dark winters. At the moment it is only properly light for about six hours a day. After several weeks of feeling sleepy, gloomy and hungry all the time I am getting to grips with this. I bought a daylight lamp to use first thing in the morning, which is vaguely unpleasant, but does get you awake. I am trying to get outside as much as possible in the daylight, get fresh air and eat healthily.
I am trying to not hibernate, watch TV in the day or have the lights on. Actually, I am feeling a bit better even on day one of the regime. I don't know how people manage in northern countries, I would absolutely hate it.

I apologise for the lack of original pictures lately, as our computer seems to be on the blink and I can't scan.

No comments: