Monday 8 July 2013

A Reading Project

Call me a philistine, but I didn't use to like Jane Austen. As a teenager I felt they were boring compared to my beloved Brontes.

Now I realise she's all about the witty dialogue and the tricky relationships and I can identify with that.

So, I set myself the project of reading all of her books. Sadly I haven't managed to do them chronologically, but I have done them all except Sense and Sensibility. So far, my favourites are Mansfield Park and Pride and Prejudice. I didn't like Northanger Abbey though, apart from that I have loved them all.

Character I like to imagine I resemble: Lizzie from P&P. Character I probably resemble: Emma. Most hated character: Mrs Norris from MP. Most loved: Mr Darcy of course!


3 comments:

Maria said...

Emma is my favorite of her books.

Alison said...

I am very impressed! I'm not as fond of Northanger or Emma, and funnily enough Mansfield Park is my favourite :)

Lolakola said...

It took me a few reads and a few times watching films etc before it all started to make sense for me. I think I still love P&P, but there is something about Persuasion that has started to catch my eye as I got older. did you ever watch either of the Pers. TV films? they are actually really good.
Actually let me stop myself when it comes to TV period dramas as a whole. love them too much!