Wednesday 7 November 2012

More Fortyisms

Apologies; I have used this picture before. But it perfectly illustrates my latest forty-esque rambling.

On the left, a vision of sophistication and elegance. On the metaphorical right, me, dressing like a children's TV presenter from the 1980s.

In the middle, a useful wardrobe purge of the multi-coloured (eyesore) the horizontally striped (make your boobs look massive) and the plain weird (extra long plunge front jumper with differently coloured sleeve motifs).

And the oft heard resolution not to impulse buy stuff in the sales. And that if it also comes in black that can be an option too.  And that confidence and personality doesn't have to manifest itself in outfits that are damaging the retinas of any passer by...

2 comments:

Sarah Rooftops said...

I still love multi-colours and horizontal stripes! I'm just opting for them in more flattering shapes these days.

Elinor Vickers said...

Good plan! I love them too but I think I need to realise I have to actually wear the clothes I buy rather than just thinking 'Oooo That's Different!