Monday 22 February 2021

Back in the Garden

The weather has suddenly warmed up and I can enjoy being in the garden in just a light jumper. Today I braved B&Q for the first time in a year and bought some plants.

I got a drypoteris fern for the bottom border, which is north facing and damp, so I am going for a woodland vibe. There are also snowdrops and a hellebore (pictured).

For the right hand new border by fence I got a camellia. This is more of a shrub border, the aim being to conceal a huge fence.

The left hand border is more of a fruit tree and traditional flowers border. I am hoping for signs of life from my bare root plum tree. 

The south border is just strawberry plants as they grow like nutters there and nothing else gets a look in. 

My shady, north facing tarmac front garden with the log shed is yet to be cracked though. So far the planting consists of anything that has survived and some eclectic pots.



No comments: