Sunday 9 February 2020

Sewing Mojo

I am finally back on a new sewing project. Its hard to find project energy sometimes in the dark days of winter when you just want to hibernate!

Following the success of the bat patterned pyjama trousers I am trying to sew more things I really like and would wear. So better and fewer is the thing.

Currently wrestling with a wrap front blouse, based on one I own but which is a bit small. I like wrap dresses and tops but they always gape at the front. The aim here is to gain new sewing skills and create fit in 3d using my new sewing dummy torso which I got for christmas.
I am hoping this will help me to alter patterns to fit me and to move beyond only sewing stretch fabric clothes and skirts because they are easy to fit.

My objectives are: wrap blouse, wrap dress for summer, tshirt, trousers, more pyjama trousers in nerdy fabrics.

2 comments:

Elinor Vickers said...

Forget the wrap top and blouse. In spite of my best efforts I still cannot make one which doesn't gape open at the front! Frustrated after two weeks of effort here. To be fair, as a garment it turned out well, but just still didn’t fit. Wrap fronts are a dud people, putting it out there.

Elinor Vickers said...

My favourite items I have made are: checked wool blanket coat with giant wood buttons, bat patterned pyjamas, black jersey dress with giant flower print, blue gathered skirt with elephant print, black satin skirt, blue hoodie top, tartan pyjama trousers. As Alistair pointed out the key thing is a good fabric choice.