Saturday 31 August 2019

Wardrobe Update

I think Autumn officially starts tomorrow. However here it seems to have started today, with a chill rain.
This triggers the putting away of summer clothes and the appearance of Autumn ones.

Themes for this Autumn include:

Second Hand September: an Oxfam campaign to only buy second hand clothing for four weeks. Not actually a hardship as even designer clothes are available second hand on the internet, in posh charity or consignment shops. Save the world, we have never needed to feel we are doing something good more than now.

Quilting: I bought a body warmer (second hand) and unexpectedly love it. I am now hoping to acquire a quilted jacket to go with it. Autumn/Winter outdoor wear for me ideally has a country type vibe, the sort of things you find in large garden centres or country sports outfitters.

Lounge wear: I made a hoodie and I love it. I am planning another with a front zip. Autumn brings the need for comfort.

Quirky jumpers: I love weird jumpers, especially glitter ones

Corduroy is back in fashion: maybe some cord trousers with a 70s feel

More jeans as I currently live in them.

Digging out those favourite things you’ve hard forever such as my purple velvet jacket and long black wool coat, both dating from approx 1996.

No comments: