Wednesday 6 March 2019

Makeup, ageing and terrible photos.

I need a new passport. So I had to get a new passport photo. Which is the worst photo anyone has ever taken of me because: I had to take my glasses off, it was under striplights in a supermarket, it was against a grey background.
I looked so rough I actually made the effort to wear some makeup for meetings today so I felt I looked better.
Ageing and makeup is tricky. Wearing glasses so you can’t see properly to put eye makeup on when they are off. White hairs in your eyebrows. Pallid skin and undereye shadows. Crepiness and darkness on lids. Facial hair issues.

So my essentials change over time. I don’t wear much makeup but what I do do is:
Lots of blusher
Concealer under eyes
Pale shadow on eyelid and soft brown in crease
Colour in brows with brown pencil or shadow
Natural to dark lipstick

Things I avoid like the plague:
Pastel or bright eyeshadow, especially frosted
Pale lipstick
Glitter
Fiddly eye applications you can’t see
Mascara that sticks to glasses

Things I’m trying
90s style natural colours inspired by Scully in the X Files
Anything inspired by Dita von Teese’s beauty book
Tinted moisturiser
Eccentric nail polish such as aqua.

Do you have any current makeup inspirations/tips?


No comments: