Monday 10 December 2018

Wardrobe Update

So, over the last two years I have almost entirely renewed my wardrobe, mostly shopping second hand.
Lately I have been doing this in a project based way. I started with skirts which I often buy second hand as I am a standard 14 in skirts and apparently skirts are not popular now so are often in charity shops. Does everyone wear jeans now? Trousers? Leggings? Who knows. I like a wool or tweed skirt so happy hunting.
My next target was shoes. After my catastrophic foot injury I avoided buying shoes for several years but now I am back in the game. I got two pairs of smart yet comfy heels from Ecco for work and occassions and a pair of brown ankle boots in a giant garden centre ( always great for outdoor wear). I am awaiting a pair of Ecco knee boots from ebay, fingers crossed.
My latest project is nightwear. Following two pairs of disasterously unflattering and sweaty satin pyjamas I am trying the combo cami/ pyjama trousers thing. Hoping they will be comfy but also look ok, unlike my much loved homemade sack like nighties and ‘I don’t care as long as I’m warm’ pyjamas for staying with people who never put the heating on. A godsend for the last two christmases, coupled with fluffy socks.
And digging out things you have not worn for years I found, and loved wearing to an xmas party, a navy velvet dress with sheer back, impulse buy from Monsoon about five years ago. If you love it, keep it and it will feel good again. My oldest item is a purple velvet jacket I bought about fifteen years ago, still great.

No comments: