Friday 9 November 2018

A week of Eastern European food

I got lots of Eastern European, mainly Polish, food in this week. Its a great cookery project because it is really different and not a cuisine I have eaten before.

First meal was chicken schnitzel with potato rosti and brined gherkins. Flatten chicken breasts brutally and then dip in egg and tgen garlicky herby breadcrumbs. Fry and finish off in hot oven. I bought the rosi. The checken was delicious, the gherkins tasted like very salty gherkins.

Second meal was mushroom and saurkraut stuffed pierogi with sour cream, bacon and onion topping. I bought all these. Must say I preferred the cheese pierogi. Pierogi are like chunkier, chewier ravioli.
For pudding pancakes stuffed with soft cheese and raisins, with tea to drink, which were great.

I picked up loads of interesting foods and ingredients for this just in my normal supermarket.

No comments: