Sunday 23 November 2014

People on the Street

After a long time, the return of interesting people seen in Aberdeen.
Maybe I just don't see enough interestingly dressed people.

This lady was walking past the art gallery, resplendent in a cerise pink velvet swing coat, khaki lace wool tights and olive high heeled sandals with gold heels.
In her hair, a matching velvet fascinator. I'm always inspired by those who have the guts to just wear what they love and are not afraid to stand out.

Last week I kept seeing fantastically dressed people and I realised, like me, they were converging on a vintage clothing fair in a local church. I love the way people dress up for these things, like a society. The fair was amazing, but sadly not many things in anything but tiny sizes and I was conflicted about buying a fur coat. Everything was so glamorous, even vintage hairdressing on a little stage and fantastic looking retro types everywhere in this amazing rambling, shabby old church.

1 comment:

SteffR said...

I was sad to miss the fair this time. Agree Aberdeen can be a bit shabby on the interesting street style spotting front (not that I should talk!), especially for a student town. Lovely sketch! - I will keep an eye out for the cerise cape woman! x