Sunday 3 February 2013

Colourful Shipping

One of the great things about living in Aberdeen is being by the sea. While the 'Fun Beach' is a bit out of town, the busy harbour is right in the middle, by the shopping centre.

So as you totter off to M&S or whatever, you can admire the many colourful boats and ships. Most are connected with the oil industry and there are also ferries to Orkney and Shetland. Initially I quite fancied going to the islands, but apparently it is a very long, rough crossing.

The ships look great, rather like lego and are adorned with rolls of cable, cranes and helipads. I was attracted by their colours. This is also my first attempt at painting reflections in water.

3 comments:

Leen said...

Yes I can just see them. The picture really has it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah Rooftops said...

Wow, that's quite a spam comment you've got there!

When I saw this in my reader I thought it said, "Colourful Shopping" and I was momentarily confused. I love when it's pitch black outside and the ships are lit up like Christmas trees.