Thursday 26 July 2012

Icing Ingenious

Who knew icing was So Difficult! In a feminist moment, I'd claim it's another of the many things that people assume 'Women Do It So It Must be Easy'. It's not.

Following on from the marathon Star Wars biscuits...er...marathon, I acquired cutters, reference manual Biscuiteers Book of Iced Biscuits, and many food colours of the type that make small children hyper.

So far I've wrestled with consistency (from cement to water) nozzles (from supersoaker to hypo) and layering techniques. Attempt 2 was Avengers Gingerbread men (ready bought.) And so the project begins.

For no prize at all, name the cutter shapes on the left.

1 comment:

Rubytoes said...

I was thinking that one day I would go to a cake decorating class, as sad as that sounds. because my last attempt was embarrassing! Who doesn't have their lady of leasure list of things to do?! :)