Sunday 10 June 2012

Blog Twinning

This post is twinned with my better half's awesome blog Pointless Ephemera. Far from pointless, it covers cocktails, planes and scale modelling (mostly, and in no particular order.) Try it, you'll like it.

This is a bottle of Luxardo, a weirdly retro sour cherry spirit, popular in early cocktails from the 20s and 30s. We found it in my favourite deli Valvona Crolla in Leith Walk, Edinburgh which offers all things Italian.

I assume the bottle is straw wrapped for transport and it reminded me of all those straw covered Chianti bottles you got in 1970s Italian restaurants. Do you still find those at all? People used to put candles in them and the wax dribbled down the sides....

1 comment:

Leen said...

yes I well remember how with it and trendy they were!