Saturday 5 February 2011

Anonymous Style Icons


I was walking through the town centre today and was fascinated to spot a lady who I often see around. She was wearing (as always) a fabulous outfit of vintage ginger long fur coat, leopard print booties and had a huge and intricate beehive hairdo. I was consumed with curiosity, who is she? Sometimes you see interestingly dressed people and want to know who they are, or is that just me? When I used to spend a lot of time in the Aberdeen Reference Library I used to see a dashing man in all over tartan/punk wear. Likewise, while waiting in Dundee Law Library, I was secretly always watching for a girl with neon pink hair and a black rubber backpack with spikes. She made me want to have pink hair, but I never dared. And on a different note, when I was in Orchar Park in Broughty Ferry, very near where I used to live, I sometimes used to see a girl who looked Just Like Me which was a rather disturbing experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you should at least get a pink wig and try it out!

(also: is Orchard Park the one beside the railway line?)