Saturday 5 June 2010

Scary tidy


Following my endless grousing about the chaos of our flat, a friend lent me this excellent book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apartment-Therapy-Eight-Step-Home/dp/0553383124/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275752925&sr=8-1

a sort of self-help book for the interior. I am following-ish (cos I'm not a great one for structured programmes) the programme of tidying, redecorating and er 'energising' the home. So far I have purged three loads of stuff to Oxfam, including my technologically defunct VHS and audio tape collections. I have bought three new cushions, a plant pot, PC speakers and have ordered a coat hook for the hall (pictured). I have found out where to dispose of old paint tins too. I even bought flowers which is a sign of 'care for your home' and although that sounds a bit drippy they are actually very nice...sweet williams. I am still trying not to think about our study which is really heaving with stuff, if not up to the standards of some guy I saw on TV who had fifty old bikes in his living room. I will update on how I am progressing, if at all...

No comments: